Oh foursquare, in 2011 you were so good to us; you gave us explore, lists, a whole new website, and much more! Perhaps as we make resolutions to get fit, eat well, and travel, we should also make foursquare resolutions. What’s a foursquare resolution? Just a commitment to give back to or enhance the foursquare experience. Some ideas:
- Contribute to Tip Tuesday, and write a tip every single week (this week’s can be late, I’ll allow it)
- Vow to create (and continue to add) to x amount of lists
- Become a superuser if you’re not, or upgrade to a SU2
- If you’re a student, become a University campus ambassador
- Find one venue every day to merge/edit according to the style guide
- Start a foursquare community
- Apply for your city to get a foursquare badge
- Make a snoball using foursquare check-ins and donate funds to charity
- Build something cool with the API
- and of course, start planning for 4sqDay 2012 now
In a my role as community manager of Foursquare Houston, I’m going to attempt to conquer one of our foursquare community’s greatest weaknesses: a lack of local business specials. I want to sign up a business for a special every week. My hope is that 52 local foursquare specials will beget more specials. It may seem a bit lofty, but I’m going to give it a shot. If you share this problem, I would encourage you to try this too.
Are you going to make a foursquare resolution for 2012? Do you have more suggestions?